Karoo Wildlife Conservation Expedition
You have a tender love for animals and you’ve often dreamt of a wildlife adventure in Africa.
But you’re looking for something more than just a passive tour. Why not snap up the chance to assist with penguin rehabilitation and cheetah conservation in the Karoo, South Africa? Because we know that travel is incomplete without a dash of culture, you’ll dive into hands-on cultural experiences as well. This women’s cultural and wildlife conservation expedition is a 10-day immersive journey from the beautiful Eastern Cape coastline through the stunning Karoo Heartland.
Visit the largest breeding colony of African penguins in the world
Assist with the rehabilitation of African penguins
Track the gracious cheetah & learn more about these fascinating cats
Indulge in delicious Karoo-style cuisine
Experience authentic Big Five safaris in open 4×4 vehicle
A wilderness picnic second to none
Enjoy a hands-on bread-making class on a working Karoo farm
Make worldwide connections and build new friendships
Departure & End Point:
- 8 Nights’ rustic-luxury accommodation on a sharing basis
- 8 Breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners
- Whale & dolphin watching boat cruise and penguin rehabilitation experience
- 6 x Game drives/guided walks in a Big Five reserve including cheetah tracking
- Hands-on bread and butter making class on a working farm
- All conservation fees
- All ground transportation from and back to Port Elizabeth International Airport
- A private guide/host throughout the trip
- A set of high-res photographs for your travel album
- International/domestic flights and Visas
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (except for select beverages while on safari)
- Meals not mentioned
- Personal travel insurance (required)
- Personal souvenirs, laundry, telephone use etc.
- Gratuities for guides, drivers etc.
“We had such a wonderful time. The food was delicious and the people were so friendly.
I’d definitely do it again!“
Mandy Simpson, South Africa